This one just so happened to be a result of being too lazy to go to the grocery store. Funny how that happens, right? Arugula is probably one of my favorite greens because it’s light and peppery taste. Goat cheese one of my favorite cheese for it’s creamy texture and it’s flexibility. Proscuitto one of my faorite (although more expensive…) meats because of it’s saltiness and because of how unbelievably thin they can cut it. Something strange about how much better things taste when they’re cut so thin. In conclusion, you should definitely try this delicious creamy yet light salty yet simple, salad yet pizza.
Anyway, here’s the recipe!
What you’ll need:
- Pizza dough – I get mine from the local grocery store for a dollar, but your favorite pizzareia will likely sell you some as well
- One bunch of Arugula- Preferably baby argula
- Goat Cheese – No more than about 4 oz
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, cut into strips – It’s more expensive, but buy the imported kind! It’s worth it, promise.
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts - Optional, but adds a nice crunch!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Now that I think about it, that’s the only temperature I ever pre-heat to…no explanation there. Spread out the dough on a cookie sheet, and crumble and springle the goat cheese over. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, until crispy.
While that’s in the oven, whisk together the dijon mustard, olive oil, balsamic, lemon, and honey in a small bowl. Pour the dressing onto the arugula, just enough to coat. Put the dressed arugula onto the pizza, and top with the pine nuts and the strips of prosciutto.
Cut into small squares for a perfect appetizer.
Let me know what you think!